WisCat is the Wisconsin library catalog. Contact the library to request items from WisCat that are not found in Merlin.
The following online databases provide a wealth of information in a variety of formats. Some of the databases may require a password, available at the library, or access may be limited to in-library use.
BadgerLink* offers Wisconsin residents access to business, health, literature, magazine and newspaper resources, and many are available in full-text. Promotional materials are available. For more information visit the online support center. If you are unable to access any BadgerLink database, log in using the Library Card Access page. The following databases are among the many resources available through Badgerlink:
- Auto Repair Reference Center - Repair manuals for most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles, with repair information for most vintage makes starting as far back as 1954.
- Consumer Health Complete - Includes more than 200 health and wellness reference books and encyclopedias, thousands of health reports, drug evaluation sheets, videos, pamphlets and other documents.
- HeritageQuest - Research ancestors and historical sources dating back to the 1700s.
- MasterFILE Premier- A general reference database with nearly 1,700 publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Accessed in BadgerLink's Database List.
- NoveList - A readers' advisory database with over 150,000 fiction titles, and over 4000 custom created articles and lists. Access Feature Articles, BookTalks, and Book Discussion Guides along with Author Read-alikes, Readers' Advisory training content and a variety of other reader materials.
- NoveList K-8 - A readers' advisory database for grades K-8 with collection of titles, BookTalks, Recommended Reads book lists and more.
- TeachingBooks.net - Thousands of resources for k-12 multimedia fiction and nonfiction reading activities for educators, librarians, students and families supporting language arts, book clubs, art educators, social studies and much more.
- EBSCOhost - A rich eBook collection of books, journals, and database content. Select the EBSCO Database List, then select the eBook Collection. Sign in at the top of the page.
- LearningExpress Library is a learning center for people of all ages and education levels interested in learning extra skills for school or work. Watch a video to learn how to take advantage of everything this database has to offer and to help you get started shows you .
*BadgerLink is a project of the Department of Public Instruction's Division for Libraries, Technology, and Community Learning for the citizens of Wisconsin. Funding is provided through the Public Service Commission Universal Service Fund.
Web Sites for Book Lovers
- Book Reviews & Booklists: Bestsellers, book reviews, readalikes, and "what to read next."
- Book Discussion Guides: Need some help for your next book group meeting? These websites offer discussion questions and reading guides.
- Booksellers & Publishers: Booksellers specializing in used books and publishers of trade and retail literature.
- E-books & Online Literature: Online books and information about E-book technology. Some sites offer totally free access to books!
- Fiction Discussion Lists: A snapshot of seven discussion lists for librarians and other fiction lovers.
- Genre Fiction Websites: Selected websites devoted to mystery, graphic novels, science fiction, fantasy, romance, horror, and historical fiction.
- Literary Awards: Official websites of literary awards.
- Media Spotlight on Books: Discover what authors and books are featured on television talkshows and in newspapers.
- Online Book Discussion Groups: Selected sites providing readers with an online forum for discussing books.
- Online Literary Magazines: Electronic magazines and journals dedicated to reading. Discover the latest in forthcoming books, book reviews, and author interviews.
- Organizations & Resources for Librarians: Professional library associations, publishers of library literature, forums, and internet resources for library professionals.
(http://www.badgerlink.net/) Select NoveList from the EBSCO list of options.
Links To Government Information
State Taxes: http://www.revenue.wi.gov/
Federal Taxes: http://www.irs.gov/
Wisconsin Statutes: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/
Social Security: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/
Wisconsin Tourism: http://www.travelwisconsin.com/
Health & Medical Resources/Links
Spooner Health System.
Offering a full range of services in an inpatient and outpatient setting as well as 24-hour emergency care, surgical, infusion services, diagnostic imaging, home care, laboratory, memory clinic, wound care, swing bed, respiratory therapy, and other specialty services.
Washburn County Health Department
Promoting health and well-being by providing education, intervention, and care coordination including home care and public health services throughout Washburn County .
The National Library Medicine offers this consumer health resource with topics including drug information, diseases, alternative medicine, and current medical news.
Access the 9 million citations in MEDLINE and Pre-MEDLINE (with links to participating on-line journals), and other related databases.
Mayo Clinic http://www.mayoclinic.com/
This website gives you access to the experience and knowledge of the more than 2,000 physicians and scientists of the Mayo Clinic.
American Hospital Directory http://www.ahd.com/
General characteristics, services provided, financial information, utilization statistics, and other useful information.
The Internet Drug Index http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/hp.asp
Information on over 4000 drugs. Find brand names, generic names, side effects, and information on alternative medicines.
Department of Health and Human Services site of online consumer health information
National Library of Medicine http://www.nlm.nih.gov/news/mplusdictionary03.html
A comprehensive library of health information. Includes Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary and Encyclopedia
Find an alternative health care provider in this natural medicine directory.
American Cancer Society
Provides information and services for cancer patients and their families.
FamilySearch is a nonprofit family history organization dedicated to connecting families across generations.
An ancestry.com community. The primary purpose and function of rootsweb is to connect people so that they can help each other and share genealogical research.
Job Search Resources
Live Career: https://www.livecareer.com/
Livecareer helps job seekers find success in their career with a world-class resume builder, updated database of resume and cover letter samples, and career/interview tips.
Job Center of Wisconsin: https://jobcenterofwisconsin.com/
A resource for job seekers to create resumes and search jobs. Employers can post jobs and search resumes as well.
The official employment site of Wisconsin State Government. Includes ajob search function, veterans resources, state employment benefit information, and other resources.
Wisconsin Job Network: https://www.wisconsinjobnetwork.com/
A website in which job seekers can search for jobs and gain resources, including a career events calendar.
A website where job seekers can search for jobs, post a resume, create a cover letter, and gain job hunting skills.
A website where job seekers can search for jobs and employers can post jobs and find resumes.